This photo of a lovely blackhouse was taken by DJ Maclean, who was headmaster at Valtos School. It is obviously somewhere in Lewis, though not necessarily in Uig and we certainly can’t place it.
This drawing of Stac Dhomhnaill Chaim – the fortified rock on the Mangersta coast, in which Donald Cam Macaulay lived – is from 1849 and shows the crumbly access to the stack even then.
The B8011 at the Kinlochroag bridge is currently being resurfaced, which we’re all very pleased about. The two-span bridge over the water at the head of Little Loch Roag and re-routing of the road was done in 1995-96, as this souvenir guide attests.
Our walking group went to the top of Suainebhal on Saturday; these were the views.