• Archaeology

    Another find at Kneep

    by  • 11 February 2010 • Archaeology • 0 Comments

    [singlepic=1074,429] From Dave Roberts, first published in Uig News. Thanks to Andrew McVean for the photo of Carol Knott excavating at Kneep Headland. In the middle of January fragments of […]

    Read more →

    The McVean Hoard

    by  • 16 July 2009 • Archaeology, CEU • 3 Comments

    [singlepic=844,580,233,,center] A number of archaeological finds collected by the McVean family in Uig and handed to Museum nan Eilean for Treasure Trove are on loan to Uig Museum and currently on display. […]

    Read more →

    Morsgail Beehives

    by  • 21 September 2008 • Archaeology, History • 0 Comments

    The Morgail Beehives (NB 131199), a group of corbelled huts of unknown date, are described thus by Historic Scotland: Group of corbelled “bee-hive” type shielings, built in remote moorland close […]

    Read more →