We have a new walking group in Uig and invite everyone, whether living in Uig or visiting, to come out with us. Please see our conventions below.
Sunday 14 August, 3pm
Taigh a’ Bheannaich, Aird
Grade: Easy and short, on a track and then firm if rough ground – two hours total.
Meet at the start of the peat road in the village of Aird (NB049380). The walk will primarily be out to the early Christian chapel (and surrounding remains) near the cliff edge. Can be extended.
1. There’s no constitution, leader, secretary, membership, etc – just a loose planning arrangement and some mutual encouragement.
2. Everyone is responsible for their own a) food b) equipment and c) safety. The walks are not led or guided, though some do know where they’re going.
3. We’ll do short and long, easy and harder, Uig and out-of-Uig walks, to suit everyone.
4. Anyone can propose a walk, just let Sarah know to advertise it.
5. Walks will be posted on this page and on Facebook, in the shop and in the hall, and emailed round.
6. Everyone is welcome, no need to be a member. Let us know if you want to be on the emailing list.
7. Wet weather is no reason to cancel, though atrocious weather is.
8. Best without dogs, unless on a lead.
To be clear – our hills can be dangerous. Coming with us is no reason to forget that, so please take all the usual precautions.