Comann Eachdraichd Uig

1846 - Eaglais Shaor air a togail aig Ceann Langabhat – Free Church built at Ceann Langabhat

Virtually the whole congregation of Uig had left the parish church at Baile na Cille and joined the Free Church at the Disruption of 1843 so that they could choose their own ministers rather than accept whoever the landlord installed.

This necessitated the building of a new church on reclaimed land at Ceann Langabhat and a manse at Uigean.

This they achieved and had a surplus of £200.