Gisla, on the shores of Loch Roag, was a small township of 5 tenants until about 1850. It was then given to Angus Maclean, a stonemason from Melbost who had lived at Scaliscro, in payment for his work on the construction of Morsgail Lodge. Angus was the father of Big Bear Maclean, who also lived at Gisla for a time.
It reverted to crofts, and was the home of Dolly Doctor, Dr Donald Macdonald, who with his wife Emily built a new house there in 1926.
Recent Notes from Gisla
[get_posts tag=”gisla” numberposts=5]
…and all the rest of them here.
Photos from Gisla