A small village on Camas na Clibhe, between high cliffs on both sides, and at the head of Loch Sgaillear.
Valtos and the neighbouring village of Cliff were once one, with croft numbers running from 1 to 39 Valtos. Cliff is now a separate village with crofts numbering only 35 to 39, while Valtos addresses stop at 34.
The remains of an Atlantic roundhouse of indeterminate age overlook the village. There are also more recent remains that emerge occasionally at low tides on Traigh na Clibhe: those of the Esra, wrecked on the beach in 1898.
Recent Notes from Cliff
- The Congested Districts Board 1898-1912
- Valtos Marriages 1824-1869
- Valtos Tenants 1867
- A Serious Accident at Cliff
…and all the rest of them here.
Photos from Cliff