Comann Eachdraichd Uig

Uig Farms, 1844-1888

From a statement lodged with the Crofters Commission by the Estate management in November 1888, showing alterations made over farms in Lewis, with the occupancy and rent of each during the period 1844-1888.

Mealista, Keannhusly and Island Mealista
[table=10]

Mangersta
[table=11]

Ardroil
[table=12]

Timsgarry and Island Vacsay
[table=13]

The other Lewis farms at the time were South Galson, North Dell, Arnish, Crobeg, Valtos (Lochs) and Island Torray, Dalbeg, Aignish, Melbost, Stoneyfield, Goathill, Manor Farm, Coll, Gress, North Tolsta and Tong.